- FMGSS still needs volunteers to help create a video about domestic violence for the “Femmes Averties/Women Aware” community organization. The members of “Femmes Averties” will use this video to raise awareness of domestic violence and sexual assault among students of Montreal’s high schools and CEGEPs. Those of you who are interested to help, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- With the increase in demand for summer clothing at Chez Doris women’s shelter, FMGSS decided to run a short clothing drive to help them. With the generous contributions of our students and staff, we were able to give 8 boxes of clothes and other necessary items to Chez Doris. Thank you to everyone who donated and helped us support our community!
- Thank you to those who participated in the Alzheimer’s Society ‘Walk for Alzheimer’s’. on Sunday, May 27, 2018.
- We want to thank everybody who participated in our Holiday baskets donation drive with “Share The Warmth”. Family Medicine students and faculty members were very generous, and we collected several boxes of food and toys, which were delivered to the STW office on December 20. “Share the Warmth” was very grateful for our donation!
- Don’t forget to join us for the “Zumba-Bhangra” Dance Fundraiser on Tuesday, April 3 from 11:45-12:30pm in the rooms 304-305 . Class participation is by-donation, no donation is too small. Everyone is invited to participate! Participants will be rewarded with a post-workout healthy smoothie. All proceeds will be donated to the “Femmes Averties” community organization.Volunteers are needed to help with room set-up and healthy smoothies; if interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.