- FMGSS still needs volunteers to help create a video about domestic violence for the “Femmes Averties/Women Aware” community organization. The members of “Femmes Averties” will use this video to raise awareness of domestic violence and sexual assault among students of Montreal’s high schools and CEGEPs. Those of you who are interested to help, please email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We are organizing a McGill Department of Family Medicine team to participate in the Alzheimer’s Society ‘Walk for Alzheimer’s’. on Sunday, May 27, 2018. The walk starts at 10AM at 4505 Notre-Dame St. West, Montreal. It costs only $15 to participate in the event (or $30 for a family of 4) and the Alzheimer Society will be providing everyone with t-shirt along with water and snacks. To join our team, please click on the following link and email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. If you can’t join but wish to support the team, please feel free to donate to our team!
- The Share the Warmth Research Team is looking for new volunteers! Join us at the 4th Annual Family Medicine Research Symposium to learn more about how you can get involved and what the partnership entails, or email email@example.com.
- We want to thank everybody who participated in our Holiday baskets donation drive with “Share The Warmth”. Family Medicine students and faculty members were very generous, and we collected several boxes of food and toys, which were delivered to the STW office on December 20. “Share the Warmth” was very grateful for our donation!
- Don’t forget to join us for the “Zumba-Bhangra” Dance Fundraiser on Tuesday, April 3 from 11:45-12:30pm in the rooms 304-305 . Class participation is by-donation, no donation is too small. Everyone is invited to participate! Participants will be rewarded with a post-workout healthy smoothie. All proceeds will be donated to the “Femmes Averties” community organization.Volunteers are needed to help with room set-up and healthy smoothies; if interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.